Curbside Recycling for Single-family Residences
Recycle Ann Arbor is contracted by the City of Ann Arbor to collect recyclables weekly at the curb from City of Ann Arbor residents, in a single-stream collection system.
Single-stream recycling is easy and convenient, which encourages residents to recycle the most materials possible. Single-stream recycling allows all recyclables to be placed into one recycling bin without separating papers from containers.
The City of Ann Arbor’s single-stream recycling system allows a wide variety of materials to be collected and recycled.
Acceptable materials include:
- Plastic bottles and tubs labeled:
- Bulky plastics
- Paper, boxboard, and cardboard.
Tips For Single Stream Recycling:
- Carts must be out before 7 AM for pickup.
- All items must be empty and clean.
- Everything, including cardboard, must fit inside the cart with the lid closed, and the lid may not be secured shut.
- Place shredded paper in clear, sealed plastic bags.
- Place cart with metal lift bar facing the street.
Recycling cart & service options
Recyclables are collected in 64-gallon wheeled carts. Recycling carts are also available in 32-gallon and 96-gallon sizes. Click here for information about recycling cart options.
Call Recycle Ann Arbor at (734) 662-6288 for information about:
- Picking up new resident carts, or having a cart delivered to a new residence (delivery fee applies);
- Replacing a lost or stolen cart; or
- Increasing or decreasing the size of your current recycling cart.
- If you plan to exchange a cart for a different size, please bring your old cart to the RAA office clean and empty of all materials.
- Residents can schedule an extra pick up for $25. We also provide a free one-time extra pick up for new move in residents.