Shop & Donate
We are no longer accepting lawn & garden items for the 2018 season
Recycle Ann Arbor’s ReUse Center offers more than 20,000 square feet of store space, selling a huge variety of household and building materials at affordable prices. The ReUse Center also offers Urbanwood for sale.
The inventory changes every hour, seven days a week!
Visit us every Wednesday for 1/2 off sales on select items throughout the store!
Regular customers know that the key to finding the good stuff is to shop frequently and know the store’s layout. There are those who visit looking for the unexpected, and those who come with intent to find a specific item, such as the matching half of a doorknob, or a bicycle for their child.
The donations and purchases of reusable materials not only support Recycle Ann Arbor’s environmental programs, they help to conserve resources and energy, and to reduce waste in our community.Donate: The ReUse Center is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization. All donations are tax deductible! Your donations and purchases of reusable items help to conserve resources and energy while reducing waste in our community. All proceeds from the ReUse Center go directly toward maintaining the facility, hiring staff and supporting other waste reduction activities in the community.
Donating is easy and convenient at the ReUse Center
Just drive through the gates and look for the friendly ReUse Staff. Unloading and loading assistance is available. However, we ask that you do not donate items during inclement weather. Thanks for understanding. We also offer material pick-ups for local residents, businesses, builders, and remodelers. Items must be of individual high resale value to qualify. For pick-up information, call (734) 222-7880.
What We Accept:
- Building materials: new or in good, reusable condition
- Clean lumber: 4’ or longer, no rot, infestation, or nails are acceptable
- Doors: good condition, no gray aluminum storm doors
- Windows: no single pane or aluminum frame
- Chipboard, OSB, plywood: half sheet or more
- Siding: large lots only
- Flooring: wood and vinyl
- Roofing: new, wrapped packages only, no loose roofing
- Kitchen and bath cabinets
- Tubs: no chips, cracks, or cast iron
- Tile: glass, mirror, brick, block, or paving
- Lighting: complete, no PCB ballasts
- Fencing: chain link, treated wood with no rot
- Household items: complete, clean, new or in good, reusable condition
- All electronic items will be screened for age, condition, and resale value.
- Patio Furniture
- Stuffed (upholstered) chairs
- Chair sets of two or more
- File cabinets
- Bed frames
- Bedroom sets
- Antiques and collectibles
- Microwaves: no older than 5 years old
- Washers: no older than 10 years old
- Dryers: no older than 10 years old
- Refrigerators: no older than 10 years old
- Stoves, ovens, ranges: no older than 10 years old
- Freezers: no older than 10 years old; clean/good condition
- Small kitchen appliances
- Stereo equipment (*at our discretion, Oct 2016)
- DVD players (*at our discretion, Oct 2016)
- CD players (*at our discretion, Oct 2016)
- Record turntables (*at our discretion, Oct 2016)
- Monitors: flat screen monitors only
- Telephones and cell phones
- Lawn mowers
- Gardening supplies (No longer accepting through Feb 2019)
- Exercise equipment
- Sports equipment
- Books (no old text books or encyclopedias)
- Audio and video tapes
- Office supplies
- Healthcare equipment
- Pet supplies
Temporarily Not Accepting:
- Lawn spreaders
- 3-ringed Binders
- Lawn and garden items
What We Don’t Accept
- Please note: We are no longer accepting mattresses or box springs.
- Condition: The ReUse Center will not accept anything that is not in good condition. This includes anything broken, damaged, mildewed, or soiled
- NO dishwashers, water heaters, or sink faucets: Due to the "2014 Reduction of Lead in Drinking Water Act" we can no longer sell or accept these items.
- Home goods: Clothing, toys, any baby or kid toys/items, cribs, strollers, car seats, fluorescent bulbs, vacuum cleaners, old textbooks, and encyclopedias
- Building materials: Shower doors, lumber less than 4’ long, nail-fitted/twisted/rotted wood, sheet goods less than half original size, non-tempered glass storm doors, doors with suspected lead paint, ceiling tiles, paints/solvents, window blinds, ceiling fans
- Appliances: Air conditioners, dehumidifiers, humidifiers (drum-style), water heaters
- Automotive items: Tires, batteries, engine parts, oil, fluids
- Furniture: Mattresses, box springs, metal desks, office cubicles, single non-upholstered chairs, any assembly required pieces
- Electronics: Cords, televisions, computers, non-flatscreen computer monitors, printers, scanners, fax machines, Makita cordless drills,
Many of the above items are accepted at Recycle Ann Arbor’s Drop-Off Station
Household hazardous materials are not accepted at the ReUse Center or the Drop-Off Station. They may be taken to the Washtenaw County Home Toxic Center. Call (734) 222-3800 for information or visit www.ewashtenaw.org
Household hazardous materials include paint, flammable liquids, toxic waste, chemicals, thermostats, thermometers, and smoke detectors.
All policies are subject to change without notice.